Sultanate of Oman
Initiator of the research project “Eine Analyse der Bedeutung der Ehe, des Selbstverständnisses der Frauen und Männer sowie der Auswirkungen von polygamen Lebensformen auf die Kinder” / “An analysis of the meaning of marriage, the self-definition of women and men and the effects of polygynous marital arrangements on children”, Faculty of Education, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
Out of this research emerged the idea of a film project: The documentary „Understanding Islam: A Prerequisite for Integration of Muslim Immigrants into South Tyrol and the Region” was sponsored by the Ministry of Information, Sultanate of Oman and the Provincial Government of South Tyrol. This initiative highlights my commitment to migration research. Visual representations highlight and discuss changes in traditional cultural foundations of Muslim societies, cultural shifts in immigration patterns and varying cultural mores of the Muslim population in the Arabian Gulf and northern Africa.
- Numerous prolonged, extensive field research trips to the Sultanate of Oman (6 months): data gathering and collaboration with “Dhofar University”, Salalah, Sultanate of Oman. Research in the fields of family and societal structure, polygyny, gender, and social policies with regard to people with special abilities and needs.
- Visiting Professor in the “Department of Education, Dhofar University”, Salalah, Sultanate of Oman
– Graduate teaching activity
– Supervision of social work trainees
– Social work curriculum development
– Organization of field trips for students